Kezurou-Kai USA 2023 Event
Lots of work underway to ensure a fantastic Kezurou-kai USA 2023. We’re eager for you to join us.
Stage is set for great workshops, presentations & demos. The focus is on workshops about using the tools & expanding your skills. For experienced woodworkers, there are sessions focused on layout. If you have traditional Japanese hand tools, volunteer experts will be on-hand to answer questions & help you “read” your tool for optimum performance.
- All Kezurou-kai USA 2019 events will be held at the El Cerrito Community Center – plenty of space and parking, and just 10 minutes’ walk from the local BART Station. (Map & Directions)
- Registration each day will be 8:30-10am.
- Pre-registrations only. Students 50% off. Kids under 12 free.
- Lunch each day from 11am-2pm: Food truck in the parking lot, ramen guy in the kitchen, okonomiyaki in the outside area.
KEZUROU-KAI USA 2023 SCHEDULE
subject to change
SATURDAY, September 30
9:00-9:30 Presentation of lifetime achievement award to Len Brackett
Planes – Andrew Hunter
Shoji – Brian Holcombe
Len Brackett slideshow – East Wind
SUNDAY, October 1
O-ganna – Andrew Hunter
Intro to Woodworking – Brian Holcombe
15:00-17:00 Planing competition
17:00 Closing remarks & clean-up
Slideshow of past work? – James Wiester
Jay Van Arsdale
Continue structure project begun last year/some hands on/in action joinery – Toby Hargreaves
something TBD – Jason Forster
Koukogen – David Bassing
Log layout demo – Matthieu
Sharpening – Jude
Jobsite sharpening? – Ryosei
backroom video of kominka company (Nakagawa)
VENDORS (all day 9:30am-5pm Saturday & Sunday)
Check out the great products that will be available:
- Suzuki-ya – Superior Japanese Hand Tools for Woodworking, Kitchen, Gardening and Grooming
- Japan Stones – Natural Japanese Sharpening Stones